Simple, easy, healthy, and portable, our Taco Salad Mason Jar is perfect for work, school, or a picnic lunch in the park! This recipe makes 2 complete lean & green meals (1 lean, 3 green, 3 condiments per serving). Have a busy week ahead? It’s also great for #mealprep!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- ½ lb 90-94% lean ground beef
- ½ tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion
- ½ cup reduced-fat, Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- Place ground beef in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Season with taco seasoning, and cook until browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. In a small blender or food processor, combine Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble mason jar salads. Divide each salad ingredient evenly amongst two, 32-oz mason jars, and layer in the following order: dressing, tomatoes, beef, cheese, bell pepper, onion, shredded lettuce.
- Secure with lids, and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Nutritionals: 330 calories | 36g protein | 13g carbohydrate | 15g fat