Here are some resources you should check, start out your week by learning more about this very useful theme:
- A just right amount of lean, well-commented, modern, HTML5 templates.
- A helpful 404 template.
- A sample custom header implementation in inc/custom-header.php that can be activated by uncommenting one line in functions.php and adding the code snippet found the comments of inc/custom-header.php to your header.php template.
- Custom template tags in inc/template-tags that keep your templates clean and neat and prevent code duplication.
- Sample theme options in /inc/theme-options/ that can be activated by uncommenting one line in functions.php.
- Some small tweaks in /inc/tweaks.php that can improve your theming experience. They can be activated by uncommenting one line in functions.php.
- Keyboard navigation for image attachment templates. The script can be found in js/keyboard-navigation.js. It’s enqueued in functions.php.
- A script at js/small-menu.js that makes your menu a toggled dropdown on small screens (like your phone), ready for CSS artistry. It’s enqueued in functions.php.
- 5 sample CSS layouts in /layouts: Two sidebars on the left, two sidebars on the right, a sidebar on either side of your content, and two-column layouts with sidebars on either side.
- Smartly organized starter CSS in style.css that will help you to quickly get your design off the ground.
- The GPL license in license.txt. Use it to make something cool.
Read Full article at Using Underscores as Your Starter Theme : WPMayor.